Thursday, March 5, 2009

Blogging and Bagels...



"Life is short and a fevered rehearsal for a concert we cannot stay to give. Just when we appear to have attained some proficiency we are forced to lay our instruments down...How completely satisfying to turn from our limitations to a God who has none. Eternal years lie in His heart. For Him, time does not pass, it remains, and those who are in Christ share with Him all the riches of limitless time and limitless years." A.W. Tozer, Knowledge of the Holy

I love this quote and I love the visual of laying down our instruments when He deems we are ready to be with Him. Can we even imagine that day?


I've been thinking about this blog and asking myself, "What do I want the real focus of EVERY MOMENT to be?" Should it be funny life stories about maximizing our resources, or should it be about the Christian worldview, or should it be a blend? I know that I like variety, and I hope you do too, because I think it's going to be a blend. I'm going to keep the format of the spiritual idea to ponder, the brief devotional prayer, and the financial tip for the day. But the themes will vary...and in the meantime, I'm going to keep playing my instrument and praying my music is pleasing to Him! Will you keep playing with me?

Dear Lord,

Remind us of this life being a dress rehearsal for eternity. Please give us your eyes to see the things that are not of this world and let us use our time for Your purposes. May our lives be pleasing songs to You.


Money Saving Tip of the Day


Today's tip comes from Tiffany Carlson of Trabuco Canyon. Did you know that you can purchase a whole bag of day old bagels at East Coast Bagels on Santa Margarita Parkway in Rancho Santa Margarita for just $2?
Bagels and Brew on Alicia Parkway also offers half price bagels in the late afternoons. So, check out your local bagelry for a great savings. Slice the bagels in half and pop them in your freezer so they are easy for the kids to toast in the mornings.

Now go and enjoy every moment!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment