Friday, February 6, 2009

To the ends of the earth and to the back of the grocery store...

Brother Andrew, author of God's Smuggler, and founder of Open Doors once said, "I can get you into almost any country but I cannot promise that I can get you out."

People ask me all the time, aren't you scared that your husband travels to such dangerous places, where Christians are persecuted for their faith? How can you let him go? Don't you worry?

My husband is an adventurer - he loves to push life to the limit, to the outermost edges. He also knows that when he goes to these crazy, unpredictable places he will better be able to report on what he has firsthand observed. It's more believable, more gripping, and more real. He loves being able to be one little voice along with many others for the persecuted church. He loves what he does and I love that. So, because he loves what he does, I'm ok with him doing what he feels he was made to do.

So, do I worry? Most certainly...but would I trade what he is doing in advancing Christ's kingdom on earth for predictability and routine - not on your life!

Dear Lord,

Help me to fear You and nothing else. You promise that the fear of You is the beginning of wisdom. Give me wisdom as a wife to turn over my doubts and fears to You. Thank you for holding each of us in the palm of your hand.

Money Saving Tips

Head to the back of all stores for the REAL bargains. The teasers to pull you into the store will be up front. However, the best bargains most always involve a bit of a walk. You'll find the marked down bakery items in the back of the store. The 75% off and more racks will be at the back of the stores in the mall. And, you'll be sure to find the appliances with the tiny scratch or dent against the back wall as well. Trust me, it's worth the walk!

Now go and enjoy the moment!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment