Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Being Kingdom Driven and Driving for Diamonds


Being Kingdom Driven
One of my favorite people in the world is a woman named Anne Ortlund. She has lived a rich, and very full life and has made a tremendous impact for the kingdom. What I love about her is that she is driven by the priorities of God's kingdom and not her own. She knows that life is short and she wants everything that she does to count for Him.
Anne is best known for being a phenomenal author and speaker. She is also a very gifted composer of music. She and her late husband, Ray Ortlund, began discipling/mentoring young people in the Orange County area years ago. They would each select 5-6 people to be in their groups. In order to participate, the individual had to agree to be there at every meeting unless it was a true emergency. And, each person had to agree to then lead groups of their own in order to pass on what they had learned to others.
When I was interviewed to be in Anne's group, I was what I thought to be relatively young at 37 years old. However, Anne loves to mentor women who are in their 20's. Why? So they will have more time to disciple others. This is what I mean by strategic, kingdom driven thinking.
Well, I made it into her group by the skin of my teeth, and the already visible wrinkles on my face! Since I have a few less years to pass on what I've learned...maybe I now sense an extra urgency to be strategic with my decisions.
How about you? Is there a decision you need to make that needs to be weighed between earthly priorities and kingdom priorities? Are you making choices that reflect that you are kingdom driven or driven by the world's ways? Let's help each other to stay on track, to make the most of every moment for His kingdom.
Dear Lord,
Help me to remember to be driven by your priorities and not my own. Allow me to reflect on your higher kingdom purposes and to make every choice according to those purposes. Thank you for people like Anne who help to lead us in a deeper more intentional path with you.
Money Saving Tip for the Day - Driving for Diamonds
Since Valentine's Day is in three days, here is a bargain you can get for FREE for you or your loved one. Sterling BMW in Newport Beach is offering a free 1 carat stone to the first 500 people who take a test drive in one of their BMWs. There is no catch. In fact, 499 of these stones will be made of cubic zirconia. But one stone will be a real 1 carat diamond. After your test drive, you just need to take the stone across the street to Newport Jewelers to have it authenticated and mounted in a pendant. You might be the lucky winner of a free diamond. Even the general sales manager does not know if the diamond has been given away yet.
Let me know in a post if you are the lucky winner!
Now go and enjoy every moment!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment