Monday, February 23, 2009

"I Chose Love" and Cheap Movie Tickets


My family and I watched a large portion of the Academy Awards last night. The girls and I loved seeing the beautiful gowns and the latest in fashion; who was with whom and who was not with whom this year. There is always a certain elegance in the air with the Oscars, and a certain mystique that captures the hearts and dreams of people around the world.

And yet there is often an agenda that is hidden, or maybe not so hidden in many of the films that are promoted that is contrary to traditional American family values. Suffice it to say that box office results do not often, nor always, predict success at the Oscars.

With that said, there was one quote that I really enjoyed from A.R. Rahman, the composer of the original score of "Slumdog Millionaire":

"All my life, I've had a choice between hate and love. And I chose love. And it brought me here. God bless."

I love that each of us has the same option before us every day to choose love or to choose hate, whether we live in the slums of Mumbai or in Orange County, CA. Sara Groves sings, "Generations will reap what I sow. I can pass on a curse or a blessing..." Let's ask ourselves the next time we are faced with a choice, am I choosing love or choosing hate? Am I passing on a curse or a blessing?

I think of the little nine year old Indian girl who played Latika in "Slumdog Millionaire". She was sitting there awestruck last night in the Kodak Theatre. Although she played the part of the little girl in the slums of Mumbai, India she actually still resides in the slums. I don't know if her real life will have the same fairy tale ending as the movie. I am hopeful that this movie may be her ticket out of the slums.

But I do know this. God has given me the ability to choose love. May I choose love.

Dear Lord,
The stakes are so high. Help us to choose love, and to choose You. Thank you for the truth. Thank you that the truth will always prevail. Thank you that you are the Way, the Truth, and the Life.


Cheap Tickets
Quick tip....spend $40 and buy an Entertainment book this year. (Actually because we are already several months in 2009, the book is now only $23.00). You will save enough money on movie tickets alone to make it worth your while. Just bring one of the Regal coupons to the box office window and you will be able to purchase two tickets for $6.75 each. This is a significant savings from the normal price of $11.00. Don't forget to sign up for a Regal card as well. The last time I showed my Regal card, while using my Entertainment coupon, I received three coupons: one for a free movie, one for a free popcorn, and one for discounted candy.
Now go and enjoy every moment!
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.

    Book Movie Tickets

    ReplyDelete