Thursday, April 16, 2009

Seven Minutes of Pure Surprise


Okay, now that I have figured out how to post a YouTube video onto my blog, I just had to share one more unbelievable clip with you! (Although you must click on the link below, as they have blocked bloggers from sharing the clip on their site.)

This is the story of Susan Boyle, a 47 year old spinster from Scotland who tries out for the television show, Britain's Got Talent. You must see this for yourself, if you haven't yet witnessed this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Yesterday, when I checked YouTube the clip had received 6 million hits. This morning, it has gone up to 12 million. As many people have said, she just opened her mouth and out came the voice of angels. Let God be praised. For He is the creator, the creator of all things. Hearing her beautiful voice draws me near to our Creator, the one whom we will worship for all of eternity. (Perhaps we will all have Susan's kind of voice in heaven?!)

Psalm 145 states: "I will praise you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever. I will bless you every day, and I will praise you forever. Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise! His greatness is beyond discovery!

Let each generation tell its children of your mighty acts. I will meditate on your majestic, glorious splendor and your wonderful miracles. Your awe-inspiring deeds will be on every tongue; I will proclaim your greatness. Everyone will share the story of your wonderful goodness; they will SING with joy of your righteousness."

Dear Lord,

You are mighty and worthy of our praise. Thank you for blessing people like Susan with an unbelievable voice, a voice that touches our souls and draws us near to you. Let us each use the voices you have entrusted us with to glorify You.


Today's Bargain Tip

Buy the quart at Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt for your family, or buy some extras when they go and sale and keep them in your freezer. You can save a lot, especially when the $6.99 quarts go on sale for $3.99 and a small is normally over $3.00.

Now go and enjoy every moment!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment