Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Don't go so fast!!


My daughter, who will be sixteen in two weeks, drove us all home yesterday from visiting colleges in San Diego with her learner's permit. I sat in the backseat with clenched fists, while she navigated the freeway, with my husband sitting close by her side in the front seat.

"Don't follow the car ahead of you so closely, you won't be able to stop! Watch out for people merging onto the freeway into your lane. Careful...you are awfully close to the car on your right." I really want to live to see your 16th birthday!! And the instructions, went on and on...

While I nearly feared for my life, I also sat there thinking and wondering what happened? How did we get here so quickly? One minute, I found out "It's a girl!" The next minute, it seems I blinked and my little girl is driving me on the 405.

How similar my journey with our daughter reminds me of life. One minute it seems like life just stretches out ahead of me forever. The next minute, I am figuring out how to color my gray hair blond or paint it with hair spraypaint. (Seriously, have you tried the Bumble and Bumble hair paint? I love it!) One minute, the road seems nice and flat. The next minute, I am unprepared for the bumpy road or the sudden curve on the road.

I am so thankful that God knows. He knows the bumps, the curves, and the speed by which life will pass us by. I want to focus on the destination, eternity, and where we are headed. With Easter being just a few days away, I want to remember what our Lord has done for us on the cross. I want to keep my eyes fixed on Him, and embrace and enjoy every moment of this crazy life! I don't want to wish it away and I don't want to wish it were different. I just want to keep learning to be content with the ride and be thankful that HE is the driver!

No wishes, just extreme gratitude for the gift of life with Him.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for being our Lord, for rising from the grave, and for providing a way for us to spend eternity with You and Your Father. Thank you for Easter and new life. Give us your joy and your hope in this Easter season to share with someone who may not know you. And, would you please send special angels for all of us who have teen drivers?


Today's Bargain Tip

I was blessed today by a dear friend who gave me a wonderful bag of hand me down clothes that she could not use: Ann Taylor, Banana Republic,...My bargain tip for today is for each of us to put together a bag of clothes that we no longer wear, and see if there is someone we can bless as well.

Now, go and enjoy every moment and have a wonderful Easter!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment