Friday, March 7, 2014

Every Life Has a Story...the Client or Customer Experience




I am fortunate to be a part of an AMAZING real estate team.  We get together and share information that helps us to better serve our clients.  This past week, we talked about the "experience" of a buyer of real estate or a seller of real estate who chooses to work with us.  We talked about the details from the very beginning of a transaction to the close of escrow, and the relationship after the sale has been completed.  Our goal is to create for the client an UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE....one that they will have fond memories of and want to share with their friends and family.

It made me think of the above video that I had seen, produced by Chick Fil'A.  This fast food restaurant has done a marvelous job of analyzing every detail that goes into the customer "experience".  It begins with the advertising that pulls you into the restaurant.  You will always receive a cheerful voice when you place your order into the speaker.  Why?  Because every detail adds up to your OVERALL EXPERIENCE and ultimately the feeling that you have when the experience is over.  And, every life has a story.  Chick Fil'A's employees are trained to see the value in every human life and to treat their customers with the respect each person deserves.

If you are like me, perhaps you have not always had a wonderful experience in prior customer service situations.  It amazes me when the first person who greets me makes me feel as if I am bothering him/her to do his/her job.  I feel sorry for them and I immediately think they are in the WRONG job.  But then I try to remember that every life has a story and this video comes to mind.

I went to pick up some additional business cards today.  The guy presented the cards to me as if there was nothing wrong.  As soon as I looked at them I noticed the color of my hair was almost completely orange.  I told him that I thought I looked orange.  He nonchalantly replied, "Yeah, I kind of thought so too."  HELLO.  Not a great experience.  Not a company I will recommend.  A company I am blogging about but not in a good way.  (He offered to reprint them for free...after the picture reminded me of the guy in Colorado with the orange hair.)  Not a good association for a real estate business!

Try to think back on your customer service experiences...remember those where you were treated unexpectedly in amazing ways.  It was such a pleasant surprise, wasn't it?  My friend, Cathy, and I were at the fabric store today.  The gal at the register kept searching and searching for Cathy's fabric because the California store was out of stock.  Sure enough, because of her tenacity and persistence, and great attitude, the fabric was located in Florida...for only $8.99 a yard.  Yay. Cathy is now going to buy the entire bolt of fabric.  It's a win-win for both the customer and the business.

Anyways, I encourage you to look at your experiences as a customer or client and to identify what the excellent companies are doing to make your experience unforgettable.  It is often quite Biblical.  "Love your neighbor as yourself...Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...Recognizing the value of human life, because every life has a story".   I would venture to guess that when you have an amazing customer experience, you are telling ten of your friends, because it is not the norm.  I'd love to hear from you about which companies you have found that have left you with an unforgettable experience!

I think APPLE is one of those companies creating an unforgettable experience.  I want my business to be like that, don't you?

Have a blessed weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment