Thursday, February 13, 2014

This is Your Moment


Every four years, for about two weeks during the month of February, I barely get anything done when the Winter Olympics rolls around.  How inspiring is it to watch these athletes who have basically given up years of their lives in the hopes of medaling at the Olympics?!!  While watching figure skating, I sit on my couch and watch these incredible athletes give EVERYTHING they have to their teammates and to their sport.  While watching ski jumping, I feel guilty and think I need to exercise more, train harder...for what, I don't know.  And while watching all of the other events, I just might be eating something like frozen yogurt while watching these unbelievable humans perform.   This all occurs while I sit in the comfort of my home, on my comfy (Craigslist) couch.

As usual, Ralph Lauren was the creative fashion designer for the USA team uniforms for the Opening Ceremonies.  However, these jackets for the US Skater team were made by Nike and they are awesome.  Not only are they silver but they say USA on the back which changes color.  The coolest part though is what is hidden within the jacket.  Take a peak inside the pocket:


The best part of the jacket is on the inside where it says, "THIS IS YOUR MOMENT".  I love that.  I think that it is their moment.  But, I also think it is our moment as well.  We could wear those jackets, well, maybe....not.  But, it does make me wonder about the rest of us.



  • What will you do with your moment, your day that you have been given, your job opportunity, your chance to love your toddler, your child, your husband, or your college student?
  • This is my moment....I am going to leave my comfy couch and take a spin class tomorrow morning.
  •  We are so blessed to be Americans.  What will you do with your freedom?  What will you do to make your next moment matter?


  • "The only true disability in life is a bad attitude."  Scott Hamilton, Olympic Gold Medalist 

    This is Your Moment.




    2 comments:

    1. I read this quote and it inspired me even more to pursue what I am passionate about. "I think careful cooking is love, don't you? The loveliest thing you can cook for someone who's close to you is about as nice a valentine as you can give." - Julia Child

      I see you do this too!! Just bought several copies of your new book to give as gifts. :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Lisa, you made my day! You are an amazing cook and I am always inspired by your beautiful photos on Facebook. Careful cooking is definitely love...your cooking is not only healthy but tastes delicious as well. You go girl!!

      ReplyDelete